Every Christmas, I make one of my favorite baked goodies for my beloved aunts and uncles. It’s been part of our Christmas tradition for years! And while I have my favorite old standbys (Southern Living‘s Cocoa-Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Biscotti), my eyes always light up when I see a new biscotti recipe. Here’s a list and links to the next 10 I plan to try out!
1. Whole Living‘s Double Dark-Chocolate and Ginger Biscotti. This is not a newbie to me, but it definitely bears mentioning here. This is a complex and interesting mixture of dark chocolate, chopped candied ginger and walnuts that will delight the palates of the adults on your list. It’s very healthy as well!
2. My very own Vanilla Lime Cranberry Biscotti, which debuted at my friend’s Castle View Academy blog! It’s light, zesty, and has (if I do say so myself) a fun combination of flavors.
3. Have you ever tried a lemony biscotti? BiscottiZone has a recipe that incorporates fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for a light, fresh flavor in their Lemon Biscotti.
4. Or are you more of an oranges fan? Try this recipe for Chocolate-Dipped Orange Biscotti. Yum!
5. Traditional biscotti flavors can be found in Lisa Gionotti’s Almond Biscotti, at her Italian Dessert Recipes website. This cookie is mild and flavorful and perfect to dunk in your coffee or hot tea.
6. If you’re a pistachio fan, you might love this Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti recipe from Taste of Home.
7. Are you making biscotti around Thanksgiving? This Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti version might be a lovely addition to your Thanksgiving table.
8. Another Thanksgiving-y option is pumpkin biscotti, a relatively new arrival to the biscotti world. (Have you noticed that EVERYTHING is being made out of pumpkin this year???) I really like jowolf2‘s Pumpkin Pecan Biscotti because it not only utilizes the traditional pumpkin spices in this cookie, it adds pecans. And I will seriously eat anything with pecans.
9. I found unusual recipe for Parmesan Black Pepper Biscotti at food.com. What a fantastic addition to a bowl of hot, steamy soup!
10. Gingerbread Biscotti. I love Cristina Gomez’ recipe, which combines an old holiday favorite with a new form of cookie. She recommends serving this with lemon curd or drizzling it with lemon-flavored almond bark, which sets off the spiciness of the biscotti beautifully.
I hope you found something here that sparked an idea for some fun holiday baking. I’m getting ready to do more of mine today. Now, which new flavor will I try now….?