We’re finished with homeschool for the semester, and putting up our Christmas tree today (yes, I know we’re late!). I am just happy and thankful….so I thought I’d share some things I’m thankful for today, with you, our dear readers!
1. A husband who’s willing to go under the house into the crawl space to get out all the Christmas ornaments!
2. A mother who’s an amazingly gifted seamstress…who brought her sewing machine over and helped when I hit a hard spot in a gift I was making!
3. A son who, after 11+ years, is still our joy and delight. I got an email this morning requesting prayer for a friend who’s experiencing some bleeding in her first trimester (praying for you, S!) which reminded me of the scares we had with Jackson (bleeding at 10+ weeks, and preterm labor/bed rest for the last 10 weeks, til the week before he arrived.) We’re so thankful for this boy who has brought such life to our family.
4. Friends who pop in with love and surprises, whether it’s by phone (yes, you, the incomparable Lori), email, Skype (excellent friends Jess and Jeanne), the US Postal Service (dear Julie) or in person (thanks, dear Christy!).
5. Last but definitely not least: my sister, Finch, who started this blogging adventure with me. I’ve loved our journey, Finch, and love you tons!
Blessings of the season to each of you.