Miranda at The Pebble Pond over at TOS Crew does a fun roundup of her (and her family’s) interesting or (as the title expresses) random events each week. She’s invited us to link up and join. I love this idea because it helps me remember (without looking at the lesson plan) some things we’ve accomplished during the week, and some fun things that happened. Here’s our first Random 5!
Remember……these are RANDOM.
1. We ate rotisserie chicken for dinner last night, and because we’re a 3-person family we (as always) didn’t eat even a third of it. We love that, though, because that opens up quick and easy meals for at least two other days, like it did today, when I made chicken quesadillas. Chicken, sauteed onions, high-fiber tortillas and salsa. REALLY delicious. Our fave quesadilla is one I discovered this summer; zucchini, corn, tomato and cheese. But I didn’t have all those ingredients, sadly. Not that we were complaining!
2. We finished our first week with our new history spine, Story of the World Vol. 1 by Susan Wise Bauer. It’s really interesting so far and a good read. Next week: the two kingdoms of Egypt become one kingdom!
3. We’ll finish our first week of homeschool in the new year this afternoon! Woo hoo! Math, piano, science, French, language arts, history, literature. Whew!
4. Yesterday (among other things) I did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, swept, mopped and vacuumed. Again woo hoo!
5. Last night Jackson discovered the joys of filming Lego mini-movies with our camera. He usually makes stop-motion movies instead but started filming “live-action” ones….involving a lot of crashes, yells, and fun. I can’t quite imagine what our playtimes would look like without Lego!
Here’s one of his Lego Digital Designer creations.