Countdown to V-day…if you haven’t gotten your significant other a present yet, here are some inexpensive ideas to get started.
- Have a romantic dinner in bed; candles, wine, chocolate and an assortment of small plate appetizers.
- Go bowling, winner gets a special, romantic prize!
- Create a book of special coupons for them to redeem year-round (massages, day doing what they want to do, etc.)
- Bubble bath with candlelight, champagne and strawberries.
- Buy inexpensive heart cookie cutters and transform everyday food into something special (even PB&J)!
- Go to your favorite gourmet store and pick out wine, cheese, olives and bread for a romantic french meal.
- Create a heart shaped gift in your house or backyard (use colored stones in the yard, rose petals in the house).
- Buy a box of sweethearts candy and write out a special sentence (short!) with the hearts.
- Put together a spa basket with bubble bath, lotion, loofah and candles.
- Pack a picnic and drive to a beautiful outdoor location you have never been to (don’t forget the blanket)!