Welcome back to 5 Things You Didn’t Know About… today, featuring Christy from Unexpected Homeschool!
In 5 Things You Didn’t Know About…, I’ll be introducing you to some of my favorite friends from the blogging world. Each of them will tell you a little about themselves, how they recharge, what they’re reading and doing this summer. Just lots of fun in bite-sized quantities!
This week, I have the honor of featuring my friend Christy from Unexpected Homeschool. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about her!
- Favorite summer activity:
I’m not sure I have a single favorite summer activity. I love when Amber and I take whole days to play LEGO video games; watching superhero movies in the theater as a family; and lunches out with my girl.
- Best book you’ve read this summer:Best entertaining book, and not informational, is The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband by Julia Quinn. Because… it’s Julia Quinn and is a Bridgerton prequel.
- How do you renew your spirit/recharge your batteries? This is a thing we get to do? Honestly, just relaxing with my family and reading. Or see number one above. Basically, abandoning my to-do list.
- Something cool God has taught you lately, or a favorite meaningful quote:My timing is not his. My wishes are not always well guided or for the best. Anxiety is not necessary (better said than practiced).
- This year, you’re looking forward to….
Feeling more at ease with a homeschooled high school student, our home school co-op classes, and cooking more. I know that last one sounds odd if you know me, but even I can get tired of eating out.
A scientific minded homeschool mom of a language loving high school daughter. I write at Unexpected Homeschool about our homeschooling adventures and chronic illness (in us both) along with a few curriculum reviews thrown in.
Thank you so much for…
stopping by to meet Christy! Be sure to click on either the link to her blog (Unexpected Homeschool) or her button, where you’ll find more Christy and more fun!