Welcome back to our 5 Things You Didn’t Know About… series; today, featuring Jeanne from jeannetakenaka.wordpress.com. I love her tagline: “Where Faith and Grace Hold Hands.”
In 5 Things You Didn’t Know About…, I’ll be introducing you to some of my favorite friends from the blogging world. Each of them will tell you a little about themselves, how they recharge, what they’re reading and doing this summer. Just lots of fun in bite-sized quantities!
1. Favorite summer activity: Oh, goodness. This summer has been really busy with two teen boys entering junior high and high school. My favorite summertime activity is getting away somewhere for a few days as a family. Hiking, relaxing, playing games, and not having a to-do list is the best!
2. Best book you’ve read this summer: I just finished reading, Kissing Adrien, by Siri Mitchell. It had me laughing, and tearing up in certain parts. I loved how it explores the ideas of how the heroine lived out her faith and learned she might be more than she gives herself credit for, and how people in different cultures understand a relationship with God. I’m also reading One More Song to Sing, by Lindsay Harrel, and the story is intriguing.
3. How do you renew your spirit/recharge your batteries? I love quiet mornings when I can sit on my back deck and spend a long time with Jesus. The other thing that recharges my spirit is being out in nature and taking photographs of God’s beauty and how He plays with light in trees and flowers.
4. Something cool God has taught you lately, or a favorite meaningful quote:
I’ve been working through a Bible study called, Seeking Him, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom. As we spend each week considering how to be revived in our relationships with Him, I am continually running into the reality that humility is essential if I truly want to grow deeper with Jesus.
The other thing He’s teaching me is that following our dreams is never easy, but when we/I walk, trusting His timing, the journey is a little easier.
5. This year, you’re looking forward to…. hopefully finishing the novel that’s been on my mind all year. I love writing but this season of life makes finding the time to focus on story a little tricky. I’m trusting God with the timing.
Bio: Jeanne Takenaka writes contemporary fiction that deals with real life issues with a heart to draw women closer to God and to those around them. She is wife to one amazing man who is her real life hero, and mother to two exuberant boys who hope to one day have a dog of their own. She loves being God’s girl always learning about His grace, hanging out with friends and sipping a great cup of coffee. She and her family live near the mountains in Colorado. She blogs at http://jeannetakenaka.wordpress.com.
so much for stopping by and meeting Jeanne! Be sure to hop over to her website; you’ll love what you find there!