I have another lovely giveaway for you all! The BlogAbout Blogger Network has sent me a fabulous, compact Bible for young women called the Faithgirlz Backpack Bible…plus one to give away to a reader!
So what is the Faithgirlz Backpack Bible?
Have you…or has a young girl you know…ever wished for a compact Bible that could be easily carried in a purse, messenger bag or backpack? I know that Bible apps are widely available these days on phones and devices and I use those myself. But I always go back to my actual Bible each day during devotional times or Bible study. Or when I just need to find a particular verse for myself or to share with others. So I really do appreciate an actual Bible that I can hold in my hands. And one that’s compact yet not too heavy to bring along with me? Perfect!
And this one, the Faithgirlz Backpack Bible, truly is the perfect size to hold, use, and carry. It measures at almost 4 1/2″ x 6 3/4″ and just over 1 1/2″ thick. It’s a leathersoft, opens and lays flat, and colored in a soft pink with an embroidered message on the cover that reads “Follow your heart.” The Bible version is NIV and the text, while compact, is still highly readable. (Jesus’ words are even lettered in red!) There are 12 brightly colored pages containing encouraging messages, Scriptures that are perfect for a young girl’s heart, and even an invitation to begin a relationship with Jesus. This Bible is designed for girls aged 8 and up. There’s also a pink ribbon bookmark attached. It retails for $24.99. Though it’s beautiful and very girly, it’s also very sturdy and should last for years to come.
Who would enjoy the Faithgirlz Backpack Bible?
Any girl, really–whether she’s 8 years old or an adult! Anyone who’s interested in a Bible that can be easily carried around in daily life, or even on trips or vacations. Or, a mom or youth leader who wants to bless a special young woman with her own Bible that’s designed especially for her. Or maybe you know a young girl who has just given her heart to Jesus. This would be a wonderful gift!
Because it’s a lay-flat Bible, it’s perfect to just open up and use during Bible study, during Bible sharing times with others, or simply during Bible reading. (Sometimes small softcover books won’t stay open if you’re trying to keep them open to a certain page. Not this one, though!)
Why should young women (or any women) read the Bible?
I know that, even as an adult, I need the truths of God’s Word to remind me of what is really important. There are so many reasons to read the Bible. Here are just a few!
Our culture, with its focus on physical beauty, acquisition, and the here and now is pretty forceful. Yet God’s still small voice still beckons us with real truth and real beauty:
- “People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (from 1 Samuel 16:7)
- “Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.” (Proverbs 31:30)
- “Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” (1 Peter 3:4)
In addition, my relationship with God is a relationship with a Person. And reading His Word helps me to get to know Him:
- “The LORD is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made.” (Psalm 145:13)
- “This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all.” (John 1:5
- “And He passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness…”” (Exodus 34:6)
And what about help in my relationships with others?
- “When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.” (Proverbs 31:26, NLT)
- “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24)
- “Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father Who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.” (Mark 11:25)
I could go on and on…these are just three categories that one can discover from God’s Word. But they’re a great place to start for any woman!
And now…I have an opportunity for someone to win!
The BlogAbout Blogger Network has provided a copy of Faithgirlz Backpack Bible
to bless one special reader with. All you have to do to enter is click on the pink “Enter here” link below. That will take you to the Giveaway Tools entry form, where you can enter to win! Giveaway ends October 1, 2017. Best wishes!
Disclosure: From time to time, finchnwren may receive a free product or service in exchange for our honest opinions expressed in our blog. We are not required to write a positive or glowing review, nor are we additionally compensated for these reviews. We share our own opinions, and our family’s opinion, of these products. We’re disclosing this in accordance with FTC regulations.