**this is a sponsored post**
When FrontGate Media offered me the chance to review Grace Valentine’s newest book, I was thrilled. I am so happy to share my thoughts and impressions of What Will They Think? I highly recommend it to my readers–especially to the women, both younger and older, who will feel that Grace is speaking to their own hearts.
About What Will They Think?
In this inspiring guide for young women, Grace Valentine shines a spotlight on nine courageous women in the Bible who lived their faith boldly. In a world that pressures you to seek validation from others, learn to focus on what truly matters.
“What will they think?” – It’s a question that consumes many women and may even stop them from living the lives God has called them to live. Whether it’s don’t be too loud, don’t be too aggressive, or your role is to be a sidekick for men, women struggle to live a life that is about pleasing others—but Scripture describes women who actually did the opposite.
In this third release from popular blogger and podcaster Grace Valentine, What Will They Think? features the stories of nine incredible women in the Bible, including Esther, Deborah, Sarah, Mary Magdalene, and Tabitha. These women did not bend to peer pressure or seek to people-please but instead turned their focus on God.
What Will They Think? contains:
• Inspiring and motivating stories of strong women who lived courageously in their faith
• Practical steps on how to stop caring what others think and focus on what truly matters
• Personal stories from Grace’s life and her own struggle to stop focusing on the opinions of others
For inspiration found in the lives of these biblical heroes, What Will They Think? provides steps to finding freedom to live life boldly and to stop caring about what others might think.
My thoughts about this book
I love Grace Valentine’s voice! She is delightful to read, so fun and so relatable. But most important, if we’re reading a book that deals with both Scripture and our own relationships with God, we’d want to know that this author is a woman who’s poured time into Bible study and pursuing her own relationship with the Lord. Well, we do see the excellent results of that in this book! What Will They Think? tells readers Grace’s observations and study about 9 important women in the Bible; how God pursued them and how they responded. And, how their examples can inspire women today to boldly live for God, to love Him, and to love others.
Grace shares the story of nine women:
- Sarah and Hagar
- Mary, the mother of Jesus
- The Woman at the Well and The Woman Who Touched Jesus’ Cloak
- Mary Magdalene
Then, each of these chapters is followed with a chapter that tells readers 5 things that we can draw from these women’s lives, faith, character, and choices.
Honestly, this book was a delight to read. I read so many things that inspired me, encouraged me, and clearly showed me truths to apply in my life where I needed to grow, didn’t understand God’s love for me, or reminded me of a topic I’ve run into a lot lately: joy. In the era we’re living in, when 2020 included COVID and staying at home (a LOT), and 2021 just seemed like an overflow of the previous year, I have seen anxiety seem to skyrocket (just watch the news), conspiracy theories abound, and meanness appear all over the place. And yet I remember seasons in my own life where joy abounded; when I was happy in my work; and when my trust of and enjoyment of the Lord was at a high.
Maybe you too, as I do, feel that you’d like to do a reset of your life, your faith, and your relationship with God. I believe that you would find What Will They Think? to be a fantastic encouragement and a huge help for that, as you look at the lives of these Bible women and apply the lessons they learned (and more!) to your own life and walk. I so recommend this beautiful book. (Plus–Grace’s voice is a delight. She’s honest, vulnerable, and fun–and a fantastic Bible student!)
Some of my favorite moments from What Will They Think?
I have many segments of this book highlighted and marked with washi tape. Here are some of my favorites!
- “You, too, were created to step into God’s best, not to shrivel up to fit (or rather be squeezed) into the world’s box for you. Esther had faith, but she did not have control. You may feel like you don’t have control over a lot of your circumstances due to a health issue, your family, your past, your looks, or your financial state, but you do have your voice. And your voice gives you the power to be there for “such a time as this.” (p. 12)
- “But God isn’t looking for results. He’s looking for you to see Him and for you to know He sees you. God desires your boldness, not success. So even when it doesn’t work out, God cares for you, mourns with you, and sees that you are growing into who you are meant to be. He is faithful to fulfill His promises to you.” (p. 70)
- “And then there’s you, someone reading this with a light ready to be shared. Whether you’re too scared to shine because the crowd is comforting, or you think your past makes it hard to shine, remember this light isn’t dependent on who you are; it is dependent on who God is. This light will be bright not because you’re worthy of shining but because God is powerful enough to use broken vessels like you and me for His glory.” (p. 144)
- “Your voice isn’t meant to be silenced. When God calls you to something, I pray you do it. However, don’t expect a literal voice; sometimes it is just your heart pumping with joy as you paint, teach, start that business, care for your children, make music, or write. When you feel this joy, do it for Jesus. Find ways to go and tell with this gift. But never forget we have the gift of our voice. We all are called to spread the gospel through love and through this truth.” (p. 174)
Aren’t those wonderful? I hope they whet your appetite for Grace’s lovely book. Keep reading for more about the author and info on where you can find What Will They Think?
About Grace Valentine, the author
Grace Valentine is an author, blogger, podcast host, and speaker. Her readers love the fact that she is young, ordinary, and relatable; they say her fresh voice helps them navigate their own faith and life. Grace’s mission is to show others that Christianity is not lame–it is an adventure worth living.
Grace grew up near New Orleans, Louisiana, in a suburban town called Mandeville. She graduated from Baylor University in 2018 with a degree in journalism. She currently resides in Orlando, Florida, where she enjoys going on runs and eating lots of sushi.
Grace is the bestselling author of Am I Enough? and Is It Just Me?
Where you can purchase What Will They Think?
You can purchase What Will They Think? from numerous booksellers and both online and brick-and-mortar stores via the link below. Just click on the link below!
Purchase What Will They Think? here
Disclosure: This was a sponsored thoughts. All the opinions expressed here are my own honest ones.