Today, I have the privilege of sharing with you Max Lucado’s new book, Anxious for Nothing Young Readers Edition. Cowritten with Andrea Lucado and published by Tommy Nelson, this 11-chapter book talks about anxiety in a loving and understandable way that’s just perfect for kids and teens.
Our kids are under tremendous stress and pressure, with a rapidly changing culture demanding more and more from them. More attention, more screens, more intensity, more fear. Anxious for Nothing helps young people overcome the anxiety and pressures of today’s world and come to a deeper understanding of God’s loving presence as promised in Philippians 4:6-7, drawing on content from Max Lucado’s bestselling book of the same name.
In this chaotic age of social media, packed schedules, and an increasing awareness of the world’s problems, it’s normal for young people to feel overwhelmed sometimes. But the good news of the gospel has not changed. This encouraging book will help tweens and teens take control of their feelings and choose to focus on God’s truth.
Practical, motivating, and biblically grounded, Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition) is a timely book for kids who feels overwhelmed, lonely, or anxious, or who simply want to experience God’s abundant joy and peace.
- In this young readers adaptation of Anxious for Nothing, Max Lucado uses honest stories, relatable Bible study, and practical helps to encourage tweens to receive God’s peace as they let go of anxiety, depression, and loneliness.
- This much-needed book adapts content from You Are Not Alone and Anxious for Nothing. With the warmth and authenticity that has made him a beloved pastor and writer, Max Lucado middle graders and tweens:biblical hope and powerful strategies to help them flourish amidst struggles
encouragement that God is near, He cares, and He listens
truths to claim for themselves in difficult moments
practical ways to work through their worries and rely on God’s faithfulness
- This special edition of Anxious for Nothing also includes:a note to kids from author Max Lucado
application questions, journal prompts, and activities that guide kids in Christ-focused mindfulness
callouts and infographics featuring relevant Bible verses, and takeaways
sidebars addressing technology-related stress
PURCHASE LINK: You can purchase Anxious for Nothing Young Readers Edition at Amazon by clicking on the highlighted link. #ad
And, you can enter to win!
You can enter to win a copy of Max Lucado’s Anxious for Nothing! This is an Instagram giveaway. So, just go to JustRead Publicity Tours’ Instagram page @justreads by clicking on the highlighted link.Then, follow @maxlucado @tommynelsonbooks @justreadtours & Tag 2 friends in the same comment on this post or any other hosted post of this tour. Enter up to 3x per post.
One (1) winner will receive a print copy of the book. (print US only, ebook international. Void where prohibited by law or logistics. Instagram is not affiliated with nor responsible for this giveaway. Giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on October 18, 2021.)
This is now officially my new favorite Max Lucado book.
It is written in the kindest, most loving fashion, which is just what kid and teen readers need if they’re struggling with anxiety already. The cover is beautiful and the book is sized just right for smaller hands. It’s filled with sidebars, familiar kid situations, and infographics, plus lists of actions readers can take to calm down and train their minds to not be ruled by anxiety.
I loved reading Anxious for Nothing! The book is based on Philippians 4:4-8, which is a familiar passage to many of us. The author, Paul, wrote Philippians while he was incarcerated in a Roman prison. So, if anyone had reason to be anxious or worried, Paul did! But he exercised vastly different mental choices. He chose to focus his mind in a different way; on habits he could cling to, truths about God, not letting the enemy feed him harmful or damaging ideas. And Max Lucado takes these Scriptures, and formats them into ways today’s teens and kids can make different choices as well. Reading books about mental health can feel overwhelming or daunting, but this book gently and clearly puts these Scriptures into portions, exercises, and activities that really can benefit anyone; and can help us grow in Christ at the same time.
Here are some of my favorite passages:
- “Paul’s writing in the Bible shows that he was convinced of the steady hand of a good God. He was protected by God’s strength. He was cared for by God’s love. He lived beneath the shadow of God’s wings.”
- “He (Jesus) cares about your problems too–no matter how small–because you care about them.”
- “You may be facing the perfect storm. But Jesus offers the perfect peace.”
- “Fix your eyes on the face of the One who can calm the storm….God is merciful. His grace is great. He has forgiven us through His Son, Jesus. Because of this, we don’t have to feel guilt or shame.”
Aren’t those wonderful words?
Anxious for Nothing would be fantastic for families to read together; for devotional times; or for kids and teens to read on their own. I think this book could provide rich and helpful conversations and truly help its readers. I even recommend it for parents; I learned so much myself, and others in my family will be reading it as well!
Disclaimer: I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.