Are you looking for a vivid, inviting Bible that children will love opening up to read? I have just the kid Bible for you then: The CSB Explorer Bible! I received a copy from the publisher and it is just the Bible that kids can open up and jump right into, with no worries or confusion about where they are in the Word, what it all means, and why and how they should read it. Let me tell you more, plus keep an eye out for the giveaway. (There’s also a 50% off code!)
What is the CSB Explorer Bible for Kids?
Here’s the intro from the publisher:
“The CSB Explorer Bible for Kids is made to help kids place God’s Word in the middle of God’s world. Within its pages, kids will explore and interact with the people, places, and things of the Bible and God’s creation. This Bible features a fun and engaging full-color design with images, illustrations, timelines, and study helps placed throughout to equip and excite kids of all ages to better read, know, and apply God’s Word for a lifetime.”
This Bible is chock-full of fascinating, captivating information. It’s designed for a kid “explorer,” filled with illustrations and soundbites that reinforce that. For example:
- Excavating the Past: 205 photos and illustrations that connect archaeological findings to the Bible and its events
- Exploring Creation: 115 factoids and images to help readers connect today’s life to the Bible (cool science facts, architecture, art, music, astronomy, and lots more)
- Character Field Guide: 79 character profiles of key Bible personages (like Elijah, Philip, Mary and Martha, Rahab, Hagar, Benjamin, and more)
- Discovering the Truth: Key Bible truths set alongside verses (and sometimes, QR codes) to help kids internalize what God’s Word can mean for them
- Charting History: Timelines! 15 illustrated timelines set events of the Bible (such as the days of creation, Good and Bad Kings in the Book of Jeremiah, The Cycle of Sin, Herod Who’s Who, and Paul’s missionary journeys)
- All of these are listed, per category, in tables of contents at this Bible’s beginning
In addition, kids will find clear and colorful introductions and explanations for each book of the Bible; QR codes which will take them to further activities and videos; a glossary and concordance; and (this is REALLY cool), highlighted verses throughout the Bible that would be fantastic memory verses. A wonderful feature is the Christ in Context segment for each book of the Bible, which illustrates how all that history, prophecy, worship, praise, and God-designed events point to Jesus, the coming Messiah (in the Old Testament), and Jesus who died for our sins and rose again (in the New Testament).
Clear, exciting, beautiful–and understandable even by kid readers!
What I think kids will love
So much! There is so much in this Bible that children will love. I think they’ll love, in particular, these things:
- The way the Bible connects past events with present ones, to help them understand that this book is for today and for them
- The key highlighted verses that help kids to, “Pay attention to this!” That provides understanding and context, as well as verses to remember or memorize.
- The “Discovering Truth” buttons that have a key truth about God PLUS its verse addresses
- The Character profiles that make Bible authors, villains, kings, and others–all individuals–real people
- That they can sit down, open the Bible anywhere, and find truth, and God Himself reaching out to them in love.
My favorite parts
As a child, I came to faith in Christ. I was given a lovely Bible in the KJV. Here’s what I knew: a handful of memorized verses from camp, like John 3:16, 1 John 1:9, and 2 Timothy 3:16. Each of these is so important! But other than those and the table of contents at the beginning, I understood nothing about the hows, whens, and whys of the Bible. When did these things happen? Why should I read this book? And how on earth should I approach God’s good Word? I had no idea. And while I was beginning to love God, His book was a mystery to me.
And *this* is what I love most about this CSB Explorer Bibles for Kids. It is ACCESSIBLE. Children can open this Bible, look at the beginnings of each book or at sidebars or QR codes, and they themselves can SEE:
- What does God want to tell them?
- Why was this Bible book written?
- When did it happen?
- What does it tell us about Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father?
This is the Bible that you want to get for your children in order that they can pick it up, know it is written for them, and that they can read it, understand it, and know God better in the process.
And, you can see a video here
Click on this link to watch a quick video about this amazing kids’ Bible. Scroll down and you’ll see the video on the right.
Enter to win the CSB Explorer Bible for Kids here
You can enter to win a giveaway, where the prize is the CSB Explorer Bible for kids! Blessed Freebies is hosting this giveaway, which ends 12/15/22. Click on the link below that says, “Enter here!” to visit the entry page. Follow the directions there to enter.
Where you can purchase this Bible–plus get 50% off
At Lifeway’s website, you can purchase the CSB Explorer Bible for Kids, through 12/31/22, at 50% off!
Just click on the highlighted link above and use this PROMO CODE: SAVE50EB
THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT LIFEWAY.COM. ENJOY 50% OFF RETAIL PRICE FOR UP TO (1) OF EACH SKU OF THE EXPLORER BIBLE FOR KIDS. VALID THROUGH 12/31/22, CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, LIMIT 1 COUPON PER PERSON.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this Bible from the publisher. All opinions and thoughts expressed here are my own.