I only have a couple more blogging friends to introduce you as I begin to wrap up the FINCHNWREN summer series (now fall series) of 5 Things You Didn’t Know About… Today, I’m featuring my friend Kemi from Homemaking Organized!
In 5 Things You Didn’t Know About…, I’ll be introducing you to some of my favorite friends from the blogging world. Each of them will tell you a little about themselves, how they recharge, what they’ve read and done over the summer. Just lots of fun in bite-sized quantities!
Now, meet Kemi from Homemaking Organized!
1. Favorite summer activity: This may sound crazy but just hanging out in my backyard. We get a nice breeze and I love to just sit back there on a quiet day and read. Of course if my daughter and her friends join me it’s no longer quiet!
2. Best book you’ve read this summer: Ooh this is so hard! When it comes to books I think I have a problem. I just devour them. I normally like fiction because it’s like an escape but a few months ago I really enjoyed reading the story Bessie’s Pillow. Bessie’s Pillow is the story of a young Jewish Immigrant woman coming to America at the turn of the century and what her life was like in this new world. It’s really written for teens but I really enjoyed it. I have a review on the blog if you’re interested. https://www.homemakingorganized.com/homeschool-2/homeschool-reviews/bessies-pillow-a-young-immigrants-story-homeschool-book-review/
3. How do you renew your spirit/recharge your batteries? I’ve been needing to recharge for some time. We’ve been so busy and there is no let up. I’m many things to many people and I think I just need to run away. Happily, God blessed me with a neighbor who has become a close friend and sometimes I can just drop by and debrief with her. She’s also super busy so sometimes we just whine. In practical application sometimes I need to step back, make out a to do list, and start with prayer at the top.
4. Something cool God has taught you lately, or a favorite meaningful quote:
God has really taught me this year to extend Grace to those around me. This is a lesson I should have learned just from watching my husband but I’m a little hard headed so it’s taken a bit longer. God has really shown me that nobody is perfect and instead of casting so much judgement to have more grace.
5. This year, you’re looking forward to: Our first camping trip as a family (I’m not really a camper and I’m just doing this because I love my family). Okay it wasn’t really a camping, out by ourselves in the woods type camping but it was church camp for the kids and that’s about as rustic as I go! It was a lot of fun. Like we’re still talking about it 2 months later fun. My daughter has grown out of that age group camp now so I have to figure out how to finagle an invitation to next year’s camp as a helper of some sort.
Hasn’t it been fun to get a peek inside Kemi’s life? Please be sure to hop over to Homemaking Organized and visit some more with Kemi! She has awesome posts on beautiful homemaking and home keeping, homeschooling, great reviews and giveaways too.
Thanks for stopping by!