Are you a film lover?
We love movies in our family. And this has been an exciting year for us with the various Marvel movies, Star Wars, and other films in the action genre (including the upcoming newest Jurassic one) premiering.
I am SO excited that FINALLY Disney Pixar is releasing the sequel to one of my all-time Pixar faves—The Incredibles! I hope the movie is going to be as amazing as the trailer implies. We cannot wait to see Bob & Helen Parr, Violet, Dash, and of course, Jack-Jack, again. And Edna! And Frozone! (And at least *hear* Honey…although maybe we’ll get to actually see her this time!)
In honor of the best family of supers ever, here are my top 10 favorite quotes from the original The Incredibles. (In no particular order.) Enjoy!
- “Where. Is. My. Super. Suit!” (Lucius/Frozone, to Honey)
- “You heard her.” (Smarmy big-sister tone of voice from Violet to Dash.)
- “I love our family.” (Dash in the limo after defeating the Omnidroid)
- “You keep trying to pick a fight, but I’m just happy you’re alive!” (Bob to Helen as they run through Syndrome’s jungle)
- “I mean either he’s in trouble, or he’s going to be.” (Helen to Violet about Bob)
- “Shhh. It isn’t your fault. It wasn’t fair of me to suddenly ask so much of you. But things are different now, and doubt is a luxury we can’t afford. You have more power than you realize. Don’t think, and don’t worry. If the time comes, you’ll know what to do. It’s in your blood!” (Helen to Violet on Syndrome’s island)
- “Edna Mode. And guest.” (Edna to her security system.)
- “Your suit can stretch as far as you can, without injuring yourself, and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton.” (Edna to Helen)
- “He starts monologuing!” (Lucius/Frozone, to Bob)
- “I’m not happy, Bob. Not happy.” (Bob’s boss at Insuricare)
I just love this movie so much! So many amazing moments and incredible voice acting–and animation. I mean, how on earth does Brad Bird do Edna? And Samuel L. Jackson, Holly Hunter, Craig T. Nelson. It is just stellar.
So we are looking forward to #2!
Do you have a favorite line from The Incredibles?